DigitalEro Offline

Bounding box out of range error?

Tue, 15 Oct 2013 01:54:14

kp0988

This error has given me nothing but trouble for the past few hours. :x I'm not sure what's causing it and what's gone wrong with it today. Over the past week or so, I've been decompiling and recompiling models to do various things, and it's today that my compiler gives me this error: Bounding box out of range: for every bone in the model. It finishes compiling, and I can see it in the Model Viewer, but in SFM, the model doesn't spawn. It doesn't even show in the preview pane of the model selection screen. I've tried checking Google, but everyone seems to have the problem, but not the solution. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm just at a dead end, and I'm not finding any helpful info on it. Edit: Sorry, my question posted twice. Please delete the one that isn't this.
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 02:45:49

Ganonmaster

According to Valve's developer Wiki:
The compile error "bounding box out of range" followed by a string of coordinates means that the collision model for your mesh is larger than the maximum allowed size which seems to be hard coded at 16384 units in any direction. This often happens when you either scale up a model too much forcing the collision outside the range, or if your animation causes your collisionjoints to move outside this range.
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 03:14:41

kp0988

"Ganonmaster" said ...
According to Valve's developer Wiki:
The compile error "bounding box out of range" followed by a string of coordinates means that the collision model for your mesh is larger than the maximum allowed size which seems to be hard coded at 16384 units in any direction. This often happens when you either scale up a model too much forcing the collision outside the range, or if your animation causes your collisionjoints to move outside this range.
Thanks. I missed that when I was searching for the problem. Rage-induced tunnel-vision, I suppose. :P When I decompiled the model again, the rag-doll exploded for some reason, and that's what was causing the errors. So, I just removed broken ragdoll smd, and replaced it with a quick new one, based off of the model smd. It's probably not the best solution, but in SFM in works for me. Thanks for the help. :D