Its me again, as usually in the support forum :lol:
Until now I've been working on "bodyhacks" and adding clothes to my models (like topless Juliet-Ash
Now I'm really stuck. I have this new model fully clothed and all rigged up with its single skeleton. (purple one) And I want to make her naked but keeping her original arms + head.
So, I adapted the mesh of a nude model (green one) and attached them all together. This new model has of course its own skeleton.
I tried :
- Combining two skeletons into one and then using the clothed model with skin utilities with the "hacked" one. Didn't work.
- Deleting the nude mesh's rigging and swapping to the clothed one, using again skin utilities combining the clothed and, error.
- Making a new model with both original and naked combined but without skin modifier and then above it using a skin wrap modifier. Didn't work.
I am tired with this trial and error so, the question is, how do you guys usually do bodyhacks? Which is the ideal
way? Without having to redo all the model from scratch and using each rig from each model.
*Edit , this image explains a little more what I want to do and it shows both skeletons.
It seems working with skin wrap does the job. All I had to do was in this order :
- Create the modified model (A+B) without skin modifier and bones.
- Put it at the same coordenates of the Original rigged model.
- Create a Skin wrap modifier in the modified model and add the original model.
- Push the Create skin button and delete the Skin wrap modifier.
And... thats it. I was trying to get skin utilities working but... they didn't work properly. So, as always, problem solved thanks to taking a break from work :)